Install Malwarebytes for Mac
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Locate the downloaded file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg.
3.x.y.zzz represents the version number.
In most cases, downloaded files are saved in the folder.
- Double-click the file Malwarebytes-Mac-3.x.y.zzz.pkg to start the setup wizard.
If you cannot open the downloaded file because it is from an unidentified developer, refer to Apple’s article MacOS Sierra: Open an app from an unidentified developer.
- The next screen shows the improvements and features available in this version of Malwarebytes for Mac. Click
- Read the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement, then click
- To confirm you agree to the Software License Agreement, click
- Click Install.
- Enter your computer’s User Name and Password, then click
- After Malwarebytes for Mac has finished installing, click
to exit the setup wizard.
- If the MB for Mac installer is located in the Downloads folder, you will see a prompt with options to Keep or Move to Trash.
- After you’ve completed the steps above, you will see the following screen.
If you have installed Malwarebytes before, you may not see this screen or the following steps. Skip to the end of the article if this is the case.
- If you click Not Now, you will be directed to the Dashboard, which will look like this:
- Click Activate Protection and you will see the following prompt:
- Click Open Privacy Settings and then click Allow on the System Preferences window to enable the required extension for real time protection.
If you purchased a Premium subscription, Activate Malwarebytes for Mac Premium to access features such as Real-Time Protection.
- Find my Premium license key
- Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac
- Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
Still need help? Chat with us.