The Malwarebytes Support Tool can run without an Internet connection. When you run the Malwarebytes Support Tool offline, the tool creates troubleshooting logs and saves them to your Desktop without uploading them to Malwarebytes Support.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Locate the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe.
Downloaded files are usually saved to the Downloads folder.
- To open the Malwarebytes Support Tool, double-click the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe.
When the Malwarebytes Support Tool opens, the application automatically downloads the latest updates.
- To accept the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement, click the box next to Accept License Agreement. Click Next.
- Click Advancedunder the Menu Pane.
The Advanced menu page contains three options:
- Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer using Check and Grab functionality. As part of the process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) also runs a complete diagnosis of the computer. The troubleshooting information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip. This file can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist your Malwarebytes Support agent in troubleshooting the issue.
- Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed on the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a computer reboot.
- Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option prevents the Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
- Click Gather Logs.
The Malwarebytes Support Tool gathers Malwarebytes and Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs and saves them to the Desktop. If you decide you do not want to upload logs to Malwarebytes Support, click Cancel.
- When the Support Tool finishes getting logs from your machine, a confirmation window appears. Click OK.
- To send mbst-grab-results.zip to Malwarebytes Support, attach the logs to the email from Malwarebytes Support.
- To close the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click the X in the upper-right corner, then click Yes when prompted.
If you would like to remove Malwarebytes from your system review “Uninstall and remove Malwarebytes from Windows devices”