Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac is our first malware removal application designed for OS X 10.9.
If you are running macOS 10.10 or newer, we recommend you Install Malwarebytes for Mac. Malwarebytes for Mac includes additional settings and features and offers protection for Malwarebytes Premium subscribers.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac.
- Locate the downloaded file, mbam-mac-x.x.x.xx.dmg.
x.x.x.xxx represents the version number.
In most cases, downloaded files are saved in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click mbam-mac-x.x.x.xx.dmg.
- In the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware window, drag Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac to the Applications folder.
- After the file has finished copying, go to the Menu bar, click File > Eject Anti-Malware for Mac.
- Go to the Applications folder, then double-click Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac.
- Click Open.
- Enter your administrator password to install a new helper tool, then click Install Helper.
The helper tool is required to remove adware from locations that require permission.
- Without the helper tool, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac cannot remove adware from all locations on your Mac.
- If you do not remember your administrator password, refer to Apple’s article Change or reset the password of a macOS user account.
After you have installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, you can close the application.