The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is a free Windows utility designed to create troubleshooting logs for your computer. These logs help our Support team to identify and resolve issues with your computer.
There are two versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available for download: 32-bit and 64-bit. To find which operating system is installed on your computer, refer to Microsoft’s article Which Windows operating system am I running?.
- Locate the file you downloaded on your computer.
Downloaded files are often saved to the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the downloaded file to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
- A Windows protected your PC notification may appear. This notification is from the Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter which prevents unfamiliar apps from running on your PC.
- When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- To accept the Disclaimer of warranty, click Yes.
- In the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, place a checkmark next to the following:
- Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.
- When the scan completes, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool shows two messages: