If you have the Premium version of Malwarebytes for Android, you can turn Real-Time Protection on or off. You may find it helpful to turn off protection if you are experiencing an issue using another application or file on your device. If you turn off any Real-Time Protection modules, we recommend turning them back on to enhance your protection.
To turn Malwarebyte’s Real-Time Protection on or off, refer to the instructions provided below.
- On your Android or Google Play supported Chrome OS device, open Malwarebytes.
- Tap the menu icon, scroll down, scroll down, then tap Settings.
- Tap Protection.
- Tap the checkbox next to Real-time protection and Anti-Ransomware protection to turn these features on or off.
If Real-time protection is off, Anti-Ransomware protection is automatically turned off.
- To enable additional protection, turn on the following:
- Scan links sent via SMS: detects phishing links text to your device
- Safe browsing scanner: detects malicious websites
If you’ve turned off Real-Time Protection on your device, turn protection back on as soon as possible to keep your device protected from malware.