Malwarebytes for Windows and Malwarebytes for Mac display the Real-Time Protection status on the Dashboard. The Dashboard shows you which Real-Time Protection modules are turned on or off.
Real-Time Protection is responsible for blocking malware from your computer and is most effective with all protection modules turned on. If your Real-Time Protection modules are off, we recommend turning them on as soon as possible. For instructions, refer to the article Turn Real-Time Protection on or off.
Real-Time Protection statuses
There are four statuses you may see next to each Real-Time Protection module:
- On: The protection module is enabled and running.
- Off: The protection module is disabled and not running.
- Premium Only: Real-Time Protection is not available. You must upgrade to Malwarebytes for Windows Premium.
- Unavailable: This protection module is incompatible with your computer.
Malwarebytes for Windows Premium
There are four Real-Time Protection modules included with Malwarebytes for Windows Premium:
- Web protection
- Exploit protection
- Malware protection
- Ransomware protection (requires Windows 7 or later)
Malwarebytes for Mac Premium
Malware protection is the only Real-Time Protection module included with Malwarebytes for Mac.